This ham recipe from Kevin Dundon is perfect for your Christmas main course.
Kevin Dundon has given us his recipe for glazed ham, which is both easy to make and delicious, so it's perfect for your Christmas dinner this year.
Yield: Serves 10-12
- Whole ham on the bone (approx 15lb/7kg)
- 4 tablespoons Irish Whiskey
- 5-6 dessertspoons of homemade marmalade
- 50g brown sugar
- 12 cloves
- Soak the ham in a bowl of water for up to an hour to remove any excess salt. Place the ham into a large pot, cover with water and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer for about 2 ½ hours and turn off the heat allowing the meat to cool in the cooking liquor.
- Remove the ham from the cooking liquor and remove the outer rind. Score diamond shaped lines into the fat. Stud the cloves into the layer of fat and put onto a baking tray.
- Mix the sugar, marmalade and Irish whiskey together and mix well until combined. Spread this over the clove-studded ham
- Loosely cover with tin foil and bake in the oven at 150C/300F/Gas Mark 2 for about an hour or perhaps a little more, depending largely on your oven.
- Take the tin foil off at this stage and turn up the heat for an additional 20 minutes.
- Rest the meat for an additional 30 minutes out of the oven before slicing.