Get creative in the kitchen with Kerrygold's exciting new #AtHomeWithKerrygold series, which sees some of Ireland's top kitchen experts share their recipes online.
As part of this new series, Kerrygold has asked some of Ireland's best chefs, including Jess Murphy, Caryna Camerino of Camerino Bakery, and Paul Flynn of The Tannery in Dungarvan to share recipes and encourage us all to keep cooking at home.
This week, Ian Marconi of Jackrabbit catering company showcased some of his favourite BBQ recipes. Ian is the man behind The Paella Guys market stall - one of our market favourites! - and Parlour Games, a fine-dining pop-up initiative, as well as Jackrabbit. Initially, Ian trained at Ballymaloe Cookery School before honing his skills at fine eateries like Moro London and is well known for his love of woodburning ovens and charcoal grilling.
A part of the #AtHomeWithKerrygold series, Ian demonstrated how to make his Asian-style shrimp and grits recipe through Kerrygold's IGTV and Facebook page this week. We've shared Ian's recipe below, as well as his cookery video, so that you can gather your ingredients to cook along with him this week. To see more delicious recipes from the #AtHomeWithKerrygold series, click here
BBQ Asian-style shrimp 'n' grits with chilli lime butter sauce
For the prawns:
- 12 whole king-sized shrimp in the shell
- 2 punnets of baby corn
- Irish rapeseed oil or olive oil to grill
For the grits:
- 250g quick-cook polenta
- 1x400ml tin coconut milk
- 600ml water
- 50g chilled Kerrygold butter, diced
- Salt and pepper
For the chilli lime butter sauce
- 200g Kerrygold butter
- 2 fresh red chillis, sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 50g coriander leaves and stems, finely sliced
- 3-4 pieces pickled red or green jalapeño chillis, depending on taste
- 2-3 limes, juiced
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Grated lime zest
- Hot Sauce
- Lime Wedges
- Light the BBQ an hour before grilling to make sure it is nice and hot, all of the black smoke is burnt off and it's good to go.
- Meanwhile, prepare your butter sauce and grits. To make the butter sauce, melt the butter in a large pan or wok. Add the remaining sauce ingredients, except the lime juice, and cook slightly for two to three minutes. Squeeze in the lime juice to taste.
- To make the grits, heat the coconut milk and water together in a pot over a medium heat. Slowly add the polenta, whisking continuously to prevent lumps. When smooth, whisk in the butter, then remove from the heat. Season with salt and cover while you cook the prawns.
- Brush the prawns and corn lightly with oil and place onto a hot grill. Cook the prawns for around five minutes per side until nicely charred but still juicy. The corn will be finished when the corn is well coloured and has smoky flavour. Brush with the butter sauce to finish.
- To serve, check that your grits are still warm. If not, add a little hot water and whisk over a low heat to bring them back to life.
- Add the cooked prawns and corn to the butter sauce and stir gently to coat. Press down on the prawn heads to release the juices for some extra seafood flavour.
- Spoon the grits onto plates, top with the prawns, corn, and the Kerrygold chilli lime butter sauce. Drizzle each plate with a little hot sauce and then garnish with the lime zest, lime wedges and toasted sesame seeds.
Ian's shrimp 'n' grits recipe
Now that you've seen Ian's recipe, check out his cooking video below. If you try out his shrimp recipe, be sure to tag FOOD AND WINE and Kerrygold so we can see your good work. Happy cooking!
View this post on Instagram
Get ready for a summer sensation, this recipe for BBQ Shrimp ‘n’ Grits with Chilli Lime Butter from chef Ian Marconi @jackrabbiteats is packed with bright, zingy flavours and a cinch to cook on the barbecue. Ian's got the full how-to video ready for you here and you can find the full recipe over on our website https://kerrygold.com/ie/recipes/bbq-shrimp-and-grits/ Happy Grilling! . . . . . #homecooking #irelandlockdown #cookalong #kerrygold #butter #grassfed #instafood #foodie #kerrygoldbutter #grassfedbutter #healthyliving #realfood #ireland #recipe #instafood #cooking #delicious #healthy #homemade #recipes #foodlover #sweet #foodpics #BBQ #irishfood
This article is brought to you in association with Kerrygold and the #AtHomeWithKerrygold campaign.