Bryan McCarthy of Greenes Restaurant, which won Munster Best Restaurant Award at the FOOD&WINE Restaurant of the Year Awards 2016, shares his recipe for Wagyu beef burger
- 120g cabbage, finely sliced
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 800g Twomey’s Wagyu beef mince
- 2 tablespoons French mustard
- 2 teaspoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 slices Coolea cheese
- 2 iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 Arbutus brioche buns
- Place the cabbage in a glass bowl and stir in the vinegar and salt and pepper. Cover and place the bowl in the fridge to pickle for 30 minutes.
- Place the beef mince in a bowl and add the mustard, parsley and shallots. Mix to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Using wet hands, shape the mixture into four burgers. Heat the oil in a frying pan until very hot and cook the burgers on both sides until well browned and cooked to your liking.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese and toast the buns until lightly golden. Place slices of the tomatoes, the lettuce and pickled cabbage on the base of each bun and top with the burgers.
Recipe credit: Greenes Restaurant
Photography credit: Greenes Restaurant