- 150g quinoa
- 1 spring onion, diced
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, juice and rind
- ½ butternut squash
- ¼ head cauliflower
- Olive oil
- ½ pack tender stem broccoli
- 1 can chickpeas, cooked and drained
- 150g baby spinach
- 1 spoon flaked almonds
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Place the quinoa in a pot and cover with twice the amount of water – bring to the boil, then simmer until the water is absorbed. Allow to cool. Use a fork to separate the grains.
- Add the spring onion, fresh parsley and lemon juice and rind. Add seasoning to taste.
- Dice the butternut squash and break up the cauliflower and coat in olive oil, season and roast for 20 minutes until soft – set aside to cool.
- Bring a pot to the boil, add the broccoli, cook for two minutes, then plunge into cold water.
- To assemble, place the quinoa on the bottom of the bowl, layer with the spinach and cover with the roasted vegetables, the chickpeas and sprinkle with the flaked almonds and cover with the dressing.
TIP: Make this your own by using whatever seasonal vegetables you have to hand.