The flavours in this dish are clean and nourishing - serve it cold. The sesame dressing can be used as a great dipping sauce.
For the sesame dressing
- 50g white sesame paste or tahini
- 25g honey
- 30ml grain vinegar
- 40ml Kikkoman soy sauce
For the turkey salad
- 1 cucumber
- 1 leek, white part only
- 200g leftover turkey
- 1 packet udon noodles
- ¼ nori sheet, shredded
- 1 chilli, shredded or 1 pinch dried chilli flake
- 1 small bunch chives, finely chopped
- To make the sesame dressing, place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Cut the cucumber and leek into four equal pieces, then cut into thin strips. Soak in ice cold water for 30 minutes and strain.
- Shred the turkey by hand.
- Boil udon noodles until cooked, strain and rinse with cold water.
- Place the noodles on a plate, top with the cucumber and leek followed by the shredded turkey. Sprinkle the dressing over it and finally, garnish with shredded nori, chilli and chopped chives.
Click here for a quick and easy guide to Japanese ingredients