A great lunch option - full of goodness. Serve with a salad of your choice.
- 400g good quality minced turkey
- 1 large courgette, grated
- 3 spring onions, white parts only, finely sliced
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g asparagus, cut in half at an angle
- 100g samphire
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g sundried tomatoes
- 2 figs, halved
- 250g halloumi cheese, sliced in 30g slices
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce#
- 200ml orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7. Mix all the ingredients for the turkey koftas, apart from the olive oil, in a bowl.
- When combined, shape into eight burger shaped koftas.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sear the koftas on each side for three to four minutes until golden brown.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for five to seven minutes. Allow to cool while you make the asparagus and samphire salad.
- Blanch the asparagus and samphire in boiling water for three minutes. Drain and plunge straight into ice-cold water. Set aside until cool.
- To make the dressing, heat the soy sauce until reduced by half then combine with the remaining dressing ingredients.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot, add a drizzle of olive oil then fry the halloumi for approximately 30 to 40 seconds, each side, until browned.
- To serve, place two slices of halloumi on each plate, top with the asparagus, the samphire, the sundried tomato and half a fig, then drizzle with the dressing. Garnish with black olive powder, and peashoots.
Tip: Black olive powder is simply black olives dried in a low oven (130°/gas mark ½) for two hours. Once completely dry, blitz in a blender to form crumbs.