This chickpea and feta summer salad is a perfect accompaniment to the usual barbecue fare. Make sure to assemble this just before you are ready to serve to keep everything fresh.
Yield: Serves 2
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper
- 1 courgette
- Olive oil
- 175g chickpeas, cooked
- 100g feta cheese
- 20g sliced red onion
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 8ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful watercress
- 10g mint
- 10g parsley
- 3g flaked Maldon sea salt
- Get the charcoal hot and cook the peppers directly on the charcoal for two minutes each side until the skin goes black. Place in a mixing bowl or container and wrap in clingfilm to let steam. Leave for 20 minutes.
- Once done, peel the skin off the peppers. Do not wash the peppers as you will lose all the lovely flavour.
- Slice the courgette and dress in a little olive oil and salt and pepper and place on the grill for a few minutes until nice and soft with beautiful grill marks.
- Allow to cool and season with a little picked mint and parsley.
- Drain the chickpeas and place in a bowl, crumble the feta cheese inside and toss in the sliced red onions, dress with the lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Toss in the red and yellow peppers, courgettes, watercress, mint and parsley and season.
Tip: Place the picked herbs in ice cold water for extra crisp.
For more great salads click here.