This is a celebration of good Italian ingredients. It’s like the length and breadth of Italy on a plate
Yield: Serves: 1
- 1 pizza dough ball, rolled out to a 12-inch size (see recipe here)
- 100g buffalo mozzarella
- 6 tomato petals (peeled and deseeded tomato quarters)
- 5 grilled baby artichoke hearts
- 50g basil pesto
- 3 slices Parma ham
- 1 handful rocket
- 20g Parmesan, grated, to finish
For the basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons toasted pinenuts
- 1 pinch salt
- 250g fresh basil
- 25g Parmesan
- 25g pecorino (use Parmesan if you cannot obtain pecorino)
- 300ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
1. Roll out the pizza dough ball to a 12-inch size on a lightly floured worktop and transfer to an oiled baking tray.
2. Evenly slice the mozzarella and distribute over the pizza.
3. Distribute the artichoke and tomato petals over the pizza.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 250°C/gas mark 9 for 15 minutes.
5. For the basil pesto, grate the cheese and add with all the other ingredients to a food processor. Blitz until smooth and set aside.
6. Remove the pizza from the oven and, in the centre of the pizza, place the rocket and slices of Parma ham.
7. Drizzle with the pesto, dust with grated Parmesan and serve immediately.
Photography Credit: Harry Weir