Sometimes you can’t beat the comfort of a seafood pasta dish. This recipe uses white wine, garlic and cream sauce, which can be used for so many things. In this case, we add some wholegrain mustard for an extra kick.
- 350g cooked tagliatelle
- 8 cooked crab claws
- 10 tiger prawns, raw or cooked
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 100ml white wine
- 1 chicken stock cube or bouillon
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
1. To make the sauce, in a pot, add the oil and sweat the onion until very soft. Add the garlic and cook for two minutes. Now add the white wine and reduce slightly.
2. Add 100ml of boiled water to the stock cube. Mix well and add to the pan. Alternatively, add bouillon paste. Cook for five minutes.
3. Add the cream and bring to boil, simmer for a few minutes to thicken. Add the mustard.
4. In the meantime, cook the pasta in a pot of salted water until al dente, or as per the packet instructions.
5. Add the prawns to the sauce and allow to cook for a few minutes until they lose their opaque colour (if raw). Add the crab claws. Mix with the pasta and serve, ensuring everyone gets an equal amount of prawns and crab claws each.
Tip: Add cherry tomatoes for extra colour and flavour.
This recipe originally appeared in FOOD&WINE Magazine, June 2016
Recipe credit: The Oarhouse
Photography credit: Brian Clarke, assisted by Harry Weir
If you would like to subscribe to FOOD&WINE Magazine, click here.