- 500 – 750g new potatoes
- 3 tbsp crème fraiche
- 1.5 – 2 tbsp mustard (Swedish mustard ideally, or Dijon or English mustard)
- 3 – 4 spring onions
- Generous handful of dill roughly chopped
- Chop new potatoes into cubes.
- Bring pot of water to the boil with a little salt.
- Add potatoes and boil for around 5 minutes until tender.
- Drain and then run under cold water to cool potatoes quickly.
- Slice spring union and leave the green parts to garnish.
- For the dressing, mix your crème fraiche, mustard, white parts of spring onion and half of dill.
- Add salt and pepper to your dressing according to your own preference.
- Tumble in your potatoes and stir all together to coat.
- Garnish with remaining spring onion and dill.
Recipe by GastroGays, Russell Alford and Patrick Hanlon, for Stena Line.
"It is a little less creamy and lighter than traditional potato salads. This style has a whack of mustard and a hefty amount of dill, like the ones we have enjoyed in Sweden many times over the years."