For the cupcakes:
- 150g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150g self-raising flour
- 150g white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate
For the icing:
- 100g white chocolate
- 250g softened butter
- 300g icing sugar
- Red food colouring gel
- 1 jar strawberry jam
- 200g white chocolate
- 12 strawberries
- First, preheat your oven to 170C and place cupcake liners into a cupcake or muffin tin.
- Next, make the cupcake batter. Cream together the butter and sugar until light, fluffy and very pale. Beat in the eggs one by one, making sure they're each fully incorporated before adding the next one. Gently fold in the flour, then stir in the chocolate chips. Divide the batter between the cupcake liners, then place in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown. Allow to cool.
- While the cupcakes cool, make the buttercream. Break up the white chocolate and place in a bowl over a pot of barely simmering water. Stir to melt, then remove the bowl from the pot and leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, beat the butter until very pale and light, then beat in the sugar bit by bit until fully incorporated and fluffy. Starting with one drop, depending on how concentrated the colouring is, beat in the food colouring until you're happy with the pink colour of the icing. Place in a piping bag fitted with your preferred nozzle.
- Next prepare the decorations. Melt half the white chocolate and dip the in the strawberries to coat halfway up, then leave on a plate or lined baking tray to allow the chocolate to set.
- When the cupcakes have cooled, scoop out a little from the centre of each cake, then spoon in a little jam. Next pipe the icing on top of each cupcake in an attractive swirl, then place the chocolate-dipped strawberries on top.
- To finish, melt the remaining white chocolate, then drizzle it over the cupcakes in a zig-zag pattern before serving.