For the biscuits:
- 110g butter
- 25g icing sugar
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 110g plain flour
- 25g cornflour
- 150g chocolate, melted
For the lemon cream:
- 400ml pouring cream
- 110g caster sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lemons, juice only
- Cream the butter and sugar together until very soft and fluffy.
- Add lemon zest, flour, and cornflour. The mixture will be quite stiff.
- Using a star nozzle, pipe out the biscuit mixture into 7-10cm lengths on a parchment-lined baking tray and then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to ensure the biscuits keep their shape during the baking process.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C/gas mark 4 for between 10-15 minutes until cooked and turning golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking tray.
- If desired half dip the biscuits in melted chocolate and allow to set.
- Place the sugar and cream into a large pot and bring this mixture to the boil.
- Once the mixture comes to the boil, whisk in the lemon juice. Pour the mixture into small cups or glasses and transfer to the fridge to set for at least two hours. In total, depending on the size of your chosen serving container, you should get between four and six servings.
- Serve the biscuits with the lemon cream pots and allow your guests to dip in.
Recipe courtesy of Edward Hayden.
Click here for more recipes from Edward.
These biscuits will keep for four days in an airtight container.