- 300g mixed wild mushrooms, cut to roughly the same size
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 125ml whipping cream
- 4 slices of toast
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Grated parmesan, to garnish, optional
- Gently sauté the mushrooms in the butter until they release their juices. Toss in the shallot and garlic, cook gently for a further two minutes and finally whisk in the cream.
- Bring to the boil, season with salt and pepper. Pile the mix onto four slices of toast and garnish with chives and Parmesan to serve.