- 80g salted butter
- 2 medium white onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced finely
- 4 large potatoes peeled and cut into large dices
- 1 litre fresh vegetable stock
- 350ml cream
- 150g grated parmesan cheese
- 8g sea salt
- 3g freshly ground white pepper
- Good quality white truffle oil, to garnish
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, melt butter, add onion and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add potatoes, vegetable stock, salt and white pepper. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Take off the heat, add the cream and the parmesan cheese.
- With a hand blender, purée until the soup is velvety smooth. Check the seasoning of the soup and adjust to your taste. This soup is a beautiful creamy white colour.
- When ready to serve, ladle into your favourite soup bowl and drizzle with a good quality white truffle oil. Perfect served with AVOCA’s freshly baked brown bread!
Be mindful not to colour any of the vegetables when first sautéing as this will change the colour of the soup. Use white pepper as this will blend nicely through the soup without changing the colour.