For the honey and seaweed mayo:
- 100g mayo
- 6g honey
- 1/2 sheet nori seaweed
- 3g dried carrageen
For the curried cashews:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 180g unsalted cashews
For the sweet potato fries:
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Oil, for frying
- Sea salt, to season
- To make the mayo, simply blend everything but the salt together in a food processor, then season to taste.
- For the curried cashews, preheat an oven to 150ºC. Whisk together the curry powder, salt and lemon juice. Place the cashews in a bowl, pour over the lemon mix and toss to coat.
- Divide the cashews between two large baking trays in an even layer, place in the oven and cook until dry, about 45 minutes, making sure to stir every 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- For the sweet potato fries, peel the potatoes and cut into chips of your desired size. Heat the oil in a pan or deep fat fryer to 170ºC. Cook the sweet potatoes until golden and crispy, then remove from the oil and place on a cloth to absorb any excess fat. Season with salt, then place the chips in a dish.
- To serve, spoon over some of the mayo and top with a sprinkle of cashews.
You can use fresh sweet potatoes for this recipe or alternatively buy ready-made frozen variety. If using fresh sweet potatoes, make sure to peel them or the skin will burn while cooking.