- 150g red onions
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Olive oil
- 1½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked chipotle peppers
- 300g cracked bulgur wheat
- 300g passata
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 350g squash
- 300g red kidney beans, cooked
- 300g peppers
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1½ teaspoons dill
- Peel and dice the onions and garlic. Cook in olive oil without colouring.
- Add in the cumin, cayenne and chipotle peppers and cook for a further five minutes.
- Add in the bulgur wheat and give a good stir. Pour in the passata and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Peel and dice the squash and toss in a little oil. Roast in a preheated oven until tender. Do the same with the peppers.
- Add the squash, peppers and cooked kidney beans to the bulgur, mix in the mustard and the chopped dill. Check for seasoning and serve.
To freeze this dish, make sure to chill it completely beforehand. Once defrosted, add a fresh sprinkle of dill.