- 1 tablespoon sunﬂower oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 150ml cream
- 200ml milk
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated or mature gruyère cheese
- 100g wild mushrooms, finely sliced and 100g blue cheese, crumbled
- 100g cherry tomatoes and 80g basil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Sauté the wild mushrooms in butter. Season with salt and pepper. In the meantime, slice the tomatoes in half. Sauté the cherry tomatoes for 2 minutes and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Combine the eggs, cream, milk, and nutmeg in a food processor. Add the onion/garlic mix. Blend until smooth. Taste and season again, if required. Transfer into a pouring jug.
- Use shop bought pastry casings (bite size). Prepare a lined baking tin. Pour the mixture into the casings and place on the baking tin, leaving spaces between each tartlet. You will probably get up to 35 individual tartlets, depending on the size of the pastry casings. Fill with the desired variations (see above) and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of cheese.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until browned. Do not overcook or they’ll puff up. Remove and allow to cool.
Don’t dress the salad until you are ready to serve the dish as the leaves will wilt