- 1 large sheet of ready-made puff pastry
- 1 medium free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon horseradish cream/fresh horseradish
- 150g potatoes, thinly sliced with a mandolin
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 30g Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 150g rocket leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C / gas mark 6.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and unroll the pastry sheet so it is completely flat.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a strip off each side of the pastry sheet, approximately 2cm in from the edge, and lay on top of the remaining sheet to create a higher border. Brush this border with beaten egg.
- Brush the inside base of the pastry with horseradish cream and layer the sliced potato, crumbled feta, rosemary and garlic. Drizzle with oil and grated Parmesan.
- Bake for 15 – 20mins, or until golden and completely cooked.
- Top with rocket leaves and drizzle with more olive oil. Cut into four squares and serve immediately.
- Puff pastry is always a handy item to have stashed in your freezer, as it’s so versatile and makes this recipe very quick to prepare.
- The combination of horseradish and rosemary don’t go unnoticed, but if you really want to pack a punch you could add some Gorgonzola or gruyère to this.
- Delicious hot or cold.