- 375g halloumi
- 250g punnet cherry or grape tomatoes, finely chopped
- 227g spinach, finely chopped
- 50g red onion, finely chopped
- 50g shredded basil
- 50g shredded flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Rinse the halloumi under cold water. Pat dry with paper towel. Use a sharp knife to slice the halloumi into 1cm-thick slices. Set aside.
- Combine the tomato, spinach, onion, basil and parsley in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the vinegar and extra virgin olive oil in a small jug. Season with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over the tomato mixture and gently toss to combine.
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add half the halloumi and cook for 40 seconds each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining halloumi.
- Spoon the tomato and spinach salad between serving plates. Top with the halloumi and serve with crusty bread.
TIP: When cooking the halloumi, a little squeeze of lemon juice just before you finish will caramelise the cheese beautifully and add a little extra flavour.