- 1 tbsp of olive/vegetable oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed, washed and finely sliced
- 3 white potatoes, scrubbed, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 medium-sized carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 medium-sized parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1/2 bunch of freshly chopped mint
- 1 handful of flat-leaf parsley
- 800g of butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 handfuls of fusilli pasta
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 2 1/2 litres of water
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over a medium heat.
- Add onions and leek and cook for around five minutes.
- Add potato, carrot, parsnip and crumble in the two stock cubes. Add water, enough to cover all the vegetables.
- Simmer for around twenty minutes until all the vegetables are soft.
- Add one handful of the pasta and cook for a further ten minutes until pasta is cooked.
- Add in butter beans and mint. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the garnish, cook the remaining pasta in boiling water until cooked.
- Transfer the soup into warm serving bowls. Place some of the pasta on top of the soup and place picked parsley on top and some of the mint.
This recipe comes courtesy of Chef Paul Watters.