For the sponge
- 200g Flora Original
- 300g golden caster sugar
- 200g soya yogurt, room temperature
- 200g dairy-free milk, room temperature
- Fresh red fruits (optional)
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 400g self-raising flour
- Lemon zest
For the buttercream
- 150g Flora Original, fridge temperature
- 200g icing sugar
- jam (strawberry/raspberry/blackberry)
- Heat oven to 180C. Grease and line two round 20cm or 22cm cake tins.
- Scrape the vanilla seeds from the pod and set aside. Zest the lemon and set aside.
- In a food mixer, beat the Flora Original and sugar for 3-4 minutes, until pale and fluffy.
- Mix the flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the yoghurt, milk, vanilla seeds and lemon zest.
- Take a third of the yoghurt mixture and a third of the flour. Fold in gently to the spread and sugar mix, using a spatula.
- Repeat the process 2 more times until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Divide the mixture between the two tins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until an inserted skewer or knife comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool down for 15 minutes in the tin. Then place onto a cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
- To make the buttercream, beat the Flora spread, icing sugar and lemon zest in a food mixer for 3-4 minutes until very light and fluffy.
- When the cakes are completely cool, spread the jam over the bottom cake. Top it with the fluffy buttercream.
- Carefully sandwich the two cakes, and sprinkle the top with icing sugar. You can decorate the cake with some fresh red fruits.
Recipe courtesy of Flora