- 180g plain flour
- 14g baking powder
- 4ml Dr. Oekter Valencian Orange extract
- 28g ground flaxseed
- 270g oat milk – or other vegan milk
- 120g jumbo chocolate chips
- 21g sunflower oil
- Zest of one orange
- 20g apple cider vinegar
- In a small bowl mix together the ground flaxseed with 3 tbsps of warm water and leave to one side to form a gel. Add the flour, oat milk, cider vinegar, baking powder, orange extract and gelled flaxseed to a blender and blend together into a perfectly smooth batter. Pour the batter into a jug or bowl and stir through half of the chocolate chips
- Brush a non-stick frying pan with sunflower oil and pour the mixture spoonfuls at a time cooking for 1-2 minutes on each side or until puffed and golden brown on each side.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water or in a microwave, whisk in 1 tsp of sunflower oil and a couple more drops of the Valencian orange extract.
- Serve the pancakes in a stack and drizzle over the chocolate sauce to serve. Sprinkle the orange zest over the top to garnish.
Recipe courtesy of Dr Oetker