This dish is great for just after Christmas when we’re all fed up of turkey and gravy and turkey sandwiches. This is something different to do with leftover turkey, with the clean and nourishing flavours of shredded cucumber, shredded leek and udon noodles. This dish is served cold.
For the sesame dressing:
- 50g white sesame paste or tahini
- 25g honey
- 30ml grain vinegar
- 40ml Kikkoman soy sauce
For the turkey salad:
- 1 cucumber
- 1 leek, white part only
- 200g leftover turkey
- 1 packet udon noodles
- ¼ nori sheet, shredded
- 1 chilli, shredded or 1 pinch dried chilli flake
- 1 small bunch chives, finely chopped
- To make the sesame dressing, place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Cut the cucumber and leek into four equal pieces, then cut into thin strips. Soak in ice cold water for 30 minutes and strain.
- Shred the turkey by hand.
- Boil udon noodles until cooked, strain and rinse with cold water.
- Place the noodles on a plate, top with the cucumber and leek followed by the shredded turkey. Sprinkle the dressing over it and finally, garnish with shredded nori, chilli and chopped chives.
- Dress sesame dressing and sprinkle nori, chilli flakes and chopped chives.
TIP- The sesame dressing makes for a lovely dipping sauce.
To see more from Takashi, click here.