- 500ml of natural yoghurt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tbsp. treacle
- 300g Flahavan’s Progress Oatlets
- 2 tsp bread soda
- 2 tbsp. mixed seeds
- ½ tsp salt
- Place the yoghurt, beaten egg and treacle in a bowl and stir well.
- Mix the oats, bread soda, seeds and salt in a separate bowl, add to the yoghurt mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Place in a greased or parchment-lined 2lb loaf tin, sprinkle with oats and bake at 180°C / 350°F / Gas mark 4 for 30 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 150°C / 300°F / Gas mark 2 and cook for a further 30 minutes.
Mary's tips: a sweeter version of this bread can be made by adding some dried fruits or you can use chopped sundried tomatoes and basil for a savoury version. To prevent the treacle from sticking to the spoon, coat it with oil before use.