- 2 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon Ground
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Granules
- ¼ teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- 175g penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 280g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 375g ricotta cheese
- 125g reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, torn into small pieces
- Sea Salt and black pepper
- 450g turkey mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400ml tomato passata
- 175g tomato purée
- 120ml water
- 3 teaspoon oregano
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
- Heat the oil and cook the turkey mince and onion in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, until browned. Stir in the tomato passata, tomato purée, water, oregano, sugar, cinnamon, garlic granules and crushed chillies. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked pasta and spinach, stir well. Season to taste.
- Spread half of the pasta mixture into a large ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with half the ricotta and mozzarella, then top with the remaining pasta mixture and cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and turned golden brown. Leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Schwartz