For the Thai paste:
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 4 -5 cloves garlic
- 1 thumb-size piece of fresh galangal or ginger, thinly sliced
- 20g chopped coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
For the curry:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 450g boneless skinless chicken breast fillet
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons Thai paste
- 400ml coconut milk
- 10g chicken stock cube
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- To make the Thai paste, place all ingredients in a food processor, chopper, or blender.
- Process well to form a smooth fragrant Thai green curry paste.
- To make the curry, in a wok or large frying pan, heat the oil until it is very hot, then add the garlic and cook for a few seconds until it starts to go a golden colour.
- Spoon in the 3 tablespoons of your Thai paste and stir it around for a few seconds to begin to cook the spices and release all the flavours.
- Then pour in the coconut milk and add the chicken stock. Heat the mixture until it bubbles.
- Stir in the sugar, and add the chicken, red pepper, and courgette. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook, covered, for about 8 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Knorr.
Make your Thai paste ahead of time, it can be stored in the fridge in an air sealed jar or container for up to one week.