- 250g kalamata olives, pitted
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 3-4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon parsley or thyme
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- Salt and pepper
There are two ways to make this depending on the texture you want.
- The first is easily made in a food processor for a smooth, paste-like texture. Tip the olives, capers, anchovies, garlic and herbs into the processor and pulse. Add the lemon juice and enough olive oil until a smooth paste is formed.
- The second way is to roughly chop the ingredients, add to a pestle and mortar and grind while adding the lemon juice and olive oil until the desired consistency has been achieved.
This will keep in the fridge for a week.
The quality of the olives is important.