- 1 head of fresh white cauliflower, green stalk removed, leaves retained
- 2 tablespoon rapeseed oil, and a little more for later
- 1 sachet Green Saffron Madras blend
- Juice 1⁄2 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoon cashew nuts, toasted
- Good handful each of rocket leaves, picked coriander, and mint
- Set your grill to high.
- Chop the raw cauliflower in half. Grate one half on the small-gauge side of a box grater, to create a couscous type result. Set aside. Pluck small florets from the other half.
- In a bowl, mix the florets with the two tablespoons of oil and the spice blend, tip these out into a grill pan and place on a medium rack under the grill. Once the edges of the florets begin to bubble, keep an eye on them and remove when slightly charred. Set aside.
- Finely slice the green leaves of the cauliflower, pop them onto a charger or large plate, add the grated cauliflower, herbs and rocket. Set aside.
- Mix well the lemon and lime juices with two tablespoons more of oil and the salt, pour over the cauliflower and gently fold everything together then dot with the florets, the pomegranate and nuts.
Tidy up the presentation plate and take to table, serve with a bowl of Greek yoghurt if you’d like.
Recipe courtesy of Arun Kapil of Green Saffron.