- 400g sweet potato washed and sliced into 2 cm cubes
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 80g carrots, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 chilli pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 0.5 l water
- 300ml coconut milk
- 2 vegetable stock pots
- 200g tomatoes, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Mix the sweet potato and the oil in an oven tray and roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes until soft and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, put a casserole dish on the stove and add some oil, fry the onion and carrot cubes for 2 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, ginger, chilli and cumin and heat for about 1 minute to release the flavours.
- Add the sweet potato and the tomatoes to the pan and deglaze with water and coconut milk.
- Stir in the vegetable stock pots and bring to the boil.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- If you like a smooth soup, blend the soup with a hand blender or keep some garnish to one side, blend the rest and put the remaining garnish into the soup bowls before serving the soup.
- Finish the soup with the garnish on top and the lime wedges on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Knorr.