- 1.5kg Desiree potatoes, cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 250g chorizo, roughly chopped
- 175g chargrilled peppers from a jar, drained and sliced
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for 8 minutes. Drain well. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the paprika, cumin and chorizo; cook for 5 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining olive oil.
- Fry the potatoes for 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Add the chorizo mixture along with the peppers. Season well and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the sunfower oil in a separate frying pan.
- Crack in the eggs and cook until the whites have set and the yolks are still runny*.
- Transfer the hash to a platter.
- Top with the fried eggs and garnish with the parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Tesco.