- 2 x Butternut Squash
- 1 x Onion
- 1 x Courgette
- 2 x Cloves of Garlic
- 70g Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 100g Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1 x 220g Sachet Wholegrain and Quinoa
- 1 x heaped teaspoon of Paprika
- 40g grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- 30ml Olive oil
- Sea Salt
- Stonemill Black Peppe
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the butternut squash in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds and score the flesh with a sharp knife. Ensure sure you don’t cut through the skin. Place the halves cut-side down on a baking sheet and cook for 45 mins.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice the onion. Sauté in the olive oil till soft but not browned.
- Peel and mince the garlic. Add to the onion and cook for a couple of mins.
- Put this mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Grate the courgette and add to the mix along with the wholegrain and quinoa.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes into quarters and add this and the crumbled feta cheese to the mix. Season with some salt and pepper and the paprika.
- Remove the squash from the oven and carefully scoop out the flesh, keeping a thin wall of squash in the shell – chop the flesh – add to the mix in the bowl.
- Stuff the shells with the mixture – sprinkle over the Parmigiano and bake for a further 15 mins.
Recipe courtesy of Aldi.
Aldi’s Wine Ambassador, Tom Doorley recommends pairing this dish with Specially Selected Chilean Gran Reserva Pinot Noir, €8.84.