- 120g ghee
- 120g flour
- 200ml buttermilk
- 450g chicken fillets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp water
- 150g honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Heat the ghee in a large, deep pan over a medium-high heat. Place the flour and buttermilk in two separate shallow bowls.
- One at a time, dredge chicken pieces in the flour, then in the buttermilk, then back into the flour.
- Working in batches of 5-6 pieces, cook the coated chicken in the ghee until golden brown and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- In a small cup, combine the cornflour with the water.
- In a small saucepan over a medium-high heat, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, cider vinegar and sesame oil. Bring to boil. Reduce to a simmer and stir in the cornflour mixture. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove from the heat. Stir the cooked chicken through the glaze to coat and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately with rice.