- 1 tbsp oil
- 500g mushrooms
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Handful spinach
- 2-3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 250g ricotta
- 3 eggs
- Freshly ground nutmeg, optional
- 200g cooked ham, sliced
- 3 tbsp chopped chives
- 150g cream
- 1 pack filo pastry
- 50g butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas Mark 7.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a high heat and sauté the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes, then add the spinach and spring onions. Season and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove the contents of the pan to a bowl using a slotted spoon.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ricotta with two beaten eggs, the ham, chives and cream. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg, if using. Add the mushroom mixture to the ricotta and stir to combine (ensure there is not too much liquid in the mixture).
- Place the filo pastry, sheet by sheet into a ovenproof dish and brush each sheet with a little butter. Place the ricotta and mushroom mixture onto the centre of the pastry and then fold the edge of the pastry inwards to create a crust.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, then cut into slices to serve.
Recipe courtesy of Kevin Dundon of Dunbrody House in Wexford.