- 2 x 400g tins of kidney beans
- 100g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 egg
- Bunch of fresh coriander, chopped (15g)
- Salt and pepper
- To serve – slider buns, mayonnaise, baby gem lettuce, sliced cherry tomato, red onion.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans.
- Using a potato masher, crush the beans in a bowl leaving some texture to the beans.
- Add the breadcrumbs, egg, onion, tomato and chilli powder. Mix well, season with salt and pepper and add the chopped coriander.
- Shape into 9 small patties, cover and chill until needed.
- Fry in a little oil for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve in the buns with all the trimmings.
Recipe courtesy of Green Isle.