- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 50g fresh mango, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch Himalayan fine rock salt
- 2 tablespoons creamed coconut or natural coconut yoghurt
- 50g toasted coconut flakes
- 300ml water or vegetable stock
- 500g fresh tofu block, cubed
- 100g mangetout
- 100g broccoli florets
- Cooked short-grain brown rice, to serve
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok set over a low to medium heat. Add the onion and garlic to the wok and sauté for few minutes.
- Blend the chopped mango, spices, salt, creamed coconut and toasted coconut flakes with vegetable stock or water to make the sauce. Add to the wok. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about eight minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Add the tofu, mangetout and broccoli. Cover the wok and cook for an additional five minutes. Serve with short-grain brown rice and enjoy.
Click here for more vegan recipes.
Always use your coconut oil within a month for the best freshness.