- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400g sweet potatoes or waxy white potatoes, cut into thick slices or small cubes
- 1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon hot chilli powder or chilli flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 thick white fish fillets (such as cod, hake, haddock or pollock)
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves
- Steamed greens or a side salad, to serve
- Crusty sourdough bread, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Pour the tablespoon of oil on your hands, then rub the potatoes to coat them all in the oil. Put into a baking dish, then pour over the tin of chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock. Sprinkle over the garlic, ginger and all the spices and season well, then stir to combine. Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir through the chickpeas.
- Season the fish fillets, then place on top of the potato and chickpea mixture and return to the oven to roast for a further 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves and serve with steamed greens or a side salad and some crusty sourdough bread.
Recipe extracted from Mediterranean Mood Food by Paula Mee. Images by Joanne Murphy. RRP €19.99.
Click here for more seafood recipes.