- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 fillets naturally smoked haddock, skin removed and diced
- 110ml crème fraîche
- 110ml fresh cream
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 spring onions
- 100g Wexford vintage cheddar, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill of an oven to medium.
- Heat a large frying pan with oil and fry the haddock pieces for approximately two minutes.
- Add the crème fraîche, cream, tomatoes and spring onions and simmer for a further three to five minutes. Season lightly.
- Remove from the heat and divide the mixture between four ramekin dishes.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the fish and sauce, then place under the grill for two to three minutes until the cheese is bubbling and slightly browned.
- Serve immediately with some nice crusty bread or salad
Recipe: Kevin Dundon
Photography: Harry Weir, assisted by Brian Clarke
For more Kevin Dundon recipes, click here.
- The smoked haddock combined with the vintage Irish cheese and some crusty bread for dipping is a match made in heaven. It’s great as a starter but also works well as a dip.
- Use Wicklow or Cashel Blue instead of the cheddar if preferred.