- 4 duck legs
- Salt and pepper
- 100g/4oz red quinoa
- 5 blood oranges
- 2 pomegranates
- 50g/2oz hazelnuts
- 1 lemon
- 25g/1oz pomegranate molasses
- 50g sugar
- 100ml/4fl oz olive oil
- 25g/1oz chervil, chopped
- Season the duck legs with salt and pepper. Place them on a baking tray and bake at 160ºC/320ºF/gas mark 2½ for one hour.
- Boil the quinoa in salted water for 15 minutes until the grains expand and burst.
- Skin three of the blood oranges and slice into ½cm thick rounds.
- Slice pomegranates in half and deseed.
- Toast the hazelnuts and crush in half.
- Juice the renaming two blood oranges and lemon, add pomegranate molasses, sugar, olive oil, hazelnuts and chervil to make a dressing.
- Mix the quinoa, pomegranate seeds and sliced blood orange together, dress with some of the dressing.
- Arrange the quinoa in the middle of each plate, place a duck leg on top and spoon over the remaining dressing.
You can confit lots of duck legs and keep them covered in fat in the fridge for a couple of weeks.