- Dash of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons medium spice curry powder
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 tin garden peas
- 1x400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200ml vegetable stock or water with a vegetable stock cube mixed in
- Basmati rice, cooked
- Naan bread
- Fresh lime wedges
- Small bunch of fresh coriander, chopped, optional
- Heat the oil in a shallow frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add the curry powder and stir for a few moments, then add the chicken, skin-side down, and cook until browned.
- Add the onion, pepper, peas, tomatoes, water and stock cube to the slow cooker and stir well.
- Add the curry-coated chicken thighs to the slow cooker and fully submerge.
- Cook for 6 hours until tender.
- Serve with basmati rice, naan bread, a wedge of fresh lime and a sprinkle of freshly chopped coriander (if using).
Recipe courtesy of Aldi.