- 1 large onion
1 red pepper
170g Specially Selected Chorizo Ring
3 garlic cloves
1 green chilli, approx. 10g
1 heaped tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
35ml Solesta Olive Oil
2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
4 large eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Peel and halve the onion and thinly slice.
- Cut the red pepper in half lengthways, remove any seeds and thinly slice.
- Peel the garlic and mince.
- Finely chop the chilli along with the seeds.
- In a large frying pan or wok, sauté the onion and peppers on a low heat for 3 minutes in the olive oil. Slice the chorizo and add to the pan, then sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add the paprika, cumin, garlic and chilli and sauté for another minute, then pour in the tins of tomato. Season with some salt and black pepper and bring to the boil.
- Chop the parsley and coriander and add to the dish, then simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer the shakshuka to an ovenproof dish. Crack the eggs on the top.
- Oven bake for about 10 minutes until the eggs are just set. Serve alongside some baked brown baguettes, Greek yogurt and grated cheddar cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Aldi