- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 shallot or 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 20ml white wine
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 400g canned cherry tomato
- 100ml passata
- 1 fish stock cube
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 500g gnocchi
- 400g cooked mixed seafood (eg: mussels, prawns, squid rings)
- Basil leaves, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a casserole dish. Add the garlic and shallot and fry gently without allowing it to colour for 1-2 minutes add the white wine and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, add tomato puree and cook for further 2 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes, pasta and the fish stock, stirring until the stockpot has dissolved.
- Add the thyme and bring the sauce to the boil, then reduce the heat and gently cook the sauce for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened.
- Cook the gnocchi according to packet instructions; drain and add to the ragu sauce along with the seafood. Cook gently for 1-2 minutes until heated through.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve immediately.