- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion or shallot
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 100ml white wine
- 200ml tomato passata
- 100ml fish or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 6 baby potatoes, cooked
- 250g fresh monkfish, sliced
- Handful fresh sugarsnap peas
- Handful broccoli florets
- 6 scallops
- Heat the oil in a large pan on a medium heat and add the onions and garlic. Sauté until softened and slightly brown.
- Add the white wine, passata and stock and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes, until reduced.
- Add the thyme, seasoning, cooked baby potatoes and monkfish and allow to simmer for five minutes, or until the monkfish is just cooked through.
- Add the scallops, bring to the boil and simmer for three minutes. Serve immediately.
- Hake can be used in place of monkfish, or any meaty white fish.
- We've used broccoli and sugarsnap peas here, but feel free to use whatever vegetables are in season for some colour.