- 6 Simply Better Irish Pork Spring Onion & Black Pepper Sausages
- 2 jars of Simply Better Italian Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 500g Simply Better Italian Fresh Egg Tortiglioni
- 2 tbsp Simply Better Italian Made Basil Pesto with PDO Genovese Basil
- 50g Simply Better Italian Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 1 tbsp Simply Better Cold Pressed Irish Rapeseed Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g baby spinach, washed
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 6-8 minutes until al dente (tender but still with a little bite).
- Squeeze the sausages from their skins and roughly break into 24 pieces, then roll into balls.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the sausage meatballs and cook for 5 minutes, until golden, turning regularly to ensure they don’t burn.
- Once the sausages are cooked, drain the oil from the pan and return the sausages to the heat. Add the crushed garlic and the pasta sauce and heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan with the sausages followed by the spinach and mix well to wilt the spinach and coat the pasta in the
- Divide between pasta bowls and drizzle each bowl with a little of the pesto before scattering over some of the chopped basil and Parmigiano Reggiano to serve.
Recipe courtesy of Neven Maguire for Dunnes Stores Simply Better