- 2 Simply Better Organic Irish Salmon Darnes, skin removed
- 1 Simply Better Corn Fed Large Egg
- 1 tbsp Simply Better Organic Irish Jersey Milk
- 500g puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- 50g baby spinach leaves, washed
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- Finely grated rind of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mixed green salad, to serve
- Place the butter in a small bowl and beat in the parsley, lemon and orange rind and season generously.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas Mark 6). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the pastry into 4 even sized sections and roll each one out on a lightly floured surface into a 12cm x 18cm rectangle, trimming down the edges if necessary. Arrange two of the pieces of pastry on the baking tray lined with parchment paper. Place a salmon fillet in the centre of each one and smear over some of the citrus butter and cover with the spinach leaves.
- Mix the egg and milk to create an egg wash and use this to brush the edges of the pastry, then lay a second sheet of pastry on top, pressing down to seal. Crimp the edges by gently pressing the edge of the pastry with a fork or top of a tablespoon. Continue all the way around the edge of the parcel. Repeat this process for the second parcel.
- Brush the pastry parcels with the remaining egg wash and sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the pastry is cooked through and golden brown.
- To serve, arrange the salmon parcels on warmed serving plates with some of the mixed green salad.
Recipe courtesy of Neven Maguire for Dunnes Stores Simply Better