- 1 butternut squash
- 2 medium onions
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp Stonemill Paprika
- 2 Quixo vegetable stock cubes
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 25g butter
- 1 litre boiling water
- 70ml double cream
- 1 x 70g pack Assorted Seed Mix
- ea salt and black pepper
- Peel the butternut squash, cut in half and remove the seeds. Chop into small chunks.
- Peel, half and chop the onions.
- Put the onions and butternut squash into a large roasting dish. Drizzle over the oil and season with some salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 45 mins.
- Meanwhile, peel and mince the garlic in a large saucepan add the butter and melt.
- Cook the garlic in the butter on a low light for a few mins. Then add the roasted butternut squash and the onion.
- Pour over the boiling water, add the paprika and crumble over the stock cubes. Bring to the boil and stir well. Cook for 15 mins then liquidise.
- Add the cream and heat through gently, check the seasoning, add more salt and pepper if needed. Serve sprinkled with the seeds.
Recipe from Aldi