- 700g mixed root vegetables (carrot, parsnip and beetroot make for a great flavourful combination)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 medium potato, chopped small
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- Juice of half a lemon
- Sour cream
- Flaked almonds
- Chopped scallions
- Roast the root vegetables of your choosing.
- In the meantime heat butter in a pot on medium heat. Add onion, celery and potato. Fry on medium / low heat until soft.
- When the root vegetables are ready, add them to the pot and mix.
- Add the stock and blend using a hand blender. Add lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Garnish with sour cream, flaked almonds and chopped scallions.
Recipe courtesy of Mash Direct