- 1 leg (2-3kg) of lamb
- 60ml Manuka honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 5g fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon
- 200ml white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 3 x 125g packs Aldi Specially Selected asparagus tips
- Meat gravy granules
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
- Grate the rind from the lemon and then juice.
- Mix together in a bowl the garlic, rosemary, wine, honey, mustard, lemon rind and juice – season with some salt and black pepper.
- Place the lamb in a roasting tin and rub over the honey and wine mixture.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 180°C/360°F/Gas Mark 4 and roast for another 30 minutes per 500g (baste the lamb frequently during cooking).
- Once cooked, remove from the oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes before carving.
- Ensure product is thoroughly cooked and piping hot throughout.
To make the gravy:
- Strain away any fat from the roasting pan and use the meat juices when you make your gravy with the gravy granules.
- Cook the asparagus in some boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes, then drain.
- Serve the lamb on a bed of asparagus, sprinkled with some chopped parsley, sea salt and black pepper.
Recipe from Aldi