- 125g pudding rice
- 750ml milk of your choice
- 125g sugar
- 100g single cream
- Zest of 1 mandarin
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 vanilla pod
- ½ tonka bean
- 1 cinnamon stick
For the caramel sauce
- 500g sugar
- 150g glucose syrup (or honey)
- 650ml water
- Rinse the rice with boiling water to remove excess starch.
- Combine the milk, rinsed rice, sugar, zest of mandarin and lemon and all spices and bring to the boil.
- Once boiled, lower heat to a simmer until the rice has softened.
- Allow to cool and add the desired amount of single cream to taste.
- For the caramel sauce, boil the sugar and glucose syrup (or honey) with 150ml water over a high heat.
- Let it boil until the caramel begins to brown in colour and add in the final 500ml of water.
- Put in the fridge to cool and serve with rice pudding for a deliciously sweet dessert.
Recipe from the Royal Champagne Hotel & Spa pastry chef, Cédric Servela