- 75g butter
- 150g sugar
- 50g flour
- 50g ground almonds
- 4 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- Half a tsp vanilla essence
- Bunch of rhubarb, cut into small squares
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Melt the butter and leave aside to cool down to room temperature.
- Sift the sugar, salt, flour and ground almonds into a bowl. Add the butter and the vanilla to the mix and combine with a spatula.
- Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Add to the previous mix in three steps and mix very gently.
- Pour the mix into rectangular moulds of 5x2 cm. Place the rhubarb squares on top of the financier mix, sitting in the middle of the moulds. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.