- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 large onions, finely sliced
- 2 red peppers, finely sliced
- 2 yellow peppers, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 x 400g tin plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small bunch coriander
- 8 eggs
For the garlic yoghurt
- 200g natural yoghurt
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
- Mix all the ingredients for the garlic yoghurt together and keep in the fridge
until ready to use.
- In a large pan, dry roast the spices on a medium heat for one minute, then add
the oil and the onion and cook for five to ten minutes until soft and golden.
- Add the peppers, the thyme, bay leaves and garlic. Cook for a further five
minutes until he peppers have softened.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, sugar and seasoning. Reduce heat and cook for a
further 20 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Add chopped coriander and divide into four small frying pans or baking dishes.
- Make two wells in each pepper mix and crack an egg into each hole so you have
two eggs per dish.
- Season and place into an oven at 180ºC/gas mark 4 for 12-15 minutes until the
eggs have set.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with garlic yoghurt ad sprinkle with chopped
coriander and serve.
TIP: This dish can be prepared in advance for a stress-free weekend brunch.